Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Some one took my hoodie

I brought my black hoodie to school today
I didn't know it was so
some one else could take it home
I thought it would be another cool night in the city
So I packed my black hoodie
I hung it on its hook
It hung there so alone
I went away for lunch
And some one took it home
I lost my black hoodie at school today
It was a warm night
the moon was full-
and bright
Soon it will be cold again
Some one else may bring my black hoodie to school some day
I hope it finds my hook

This is a poem. It's how I write but not how I write letters or essays. It's how I write poetry. Because sometimes I am a poet. Other times I am a good dancer.

3 comments:

Michael said...

I like your blog, it makes me laugh. I can't wait to hear about your new baby! Good luck, Tom and I love you guys!

Paige said...

I really like your peom. You truely are a poet!

Brooke said...

Nice poem! Sorry about the hoodie--hate to lose good stuff!