Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Another One Bites the Dust

The flu has been circling me very closely for a few weeks now. I have had many friends fall victim to illness and each time I was grateful it wasn't me. And then Sunday night, it was. It started out like no flu I have ever had before. Instead of feeling feverish or achy, I felt grumpy even angry. I kept complaining to Pepper about all the toxins in my body and how I was so mad at them. Being so distracted by the thought of toxins I didn't even notice that I actually wasn't feeling well. But by the time I went to sleep I could tell I was experiencing something more than a bad mood.

When Monday morning arrived so did a full blown case of the flu. It's been eight years since I have been sick like this. I just laid in bed all day- No television, no music, every thing was irritating. I couldn't even look at a magazine. But the hardest part was that I couldn't be around Oslo. He would cry and I couldn't go pick him up. I had to wait for Pepper to come help him or watch them have a good time together. And as I lay there in bed feeling sorry for myself I couldn't help but feel sorry for them as well. I am sure in 4 or 5 days Pepper and maybe even Oslo will bite the dust as well.

No comments: