Sunday, January 28, 2007

Oslo's first moments

First Meeting. Pepper and Oslo.
First meeting, Mark and Oslo. I had a few moments alone to hold and look at him. It took no time at all for his thumb to find its way into his mouth. I just held him and looked him over. He was beautiful. It was the first time I have ever cried out of joy.

Oslo all cleaned up and bundled snug. When ever he's awake his mouth makes this shape. So far he has been happy and very hungry.

By the time this photo was taken, the night he was birthed or the next day, the swelling had gone down and his fingers turned from purple-ish gray to fleshy pink. I have heard some dads say that they had this moment where they locked eyes with their child and sized each other up. I didn't have that. I don't know that he has ever actually looked at me. That's fine because our connection was instant but undefinable. He knows when I am holding him and finds it calming. We get along very well.

1 comment:

ashlynn said...

So cute - I haven't seen a baby of a few hours old sucking his thumb!